Curious to know what the top trends will be for weddings in 2014? The Knot released their list last week and I’m here to share them with you! Without further adieu, the top 10 wedding trends for 2014 are:
1. Refined Woodland: the trend is “bringing the outside in” to create a classy and romantic atmosphere. This theme incorporates floral embellishments, lace, loose braids and comfort foods. Think wooden table numbers, birch wrapped vases for your centerpieces, driftwood chargers and branches.
2. Jeweled Necklines: this new fashion trend blings up your dress in a different way. A jeweled neckline adds the perfect touch of sparkle without being over the top. It’s perfect to compliment the somewhat conservative illusion neckline.
3. Flowers Galore: Fresh flowers will be all the rage this year! From cascading bridal bouquets, fresh flower walls and arches to even suspended arrangements, flowers will take center stage at your wedding.
4. Long Live the Photo Booth: Photo booths are a fun and whimsical way to entertain guests who don’t necessarily want to dance. This is also a great way to for guests to capture special moments. Throw in some props and capture the memories.
5. Unplugged: In today’s society, it’s hard for almost anyone to go without their cellphone, tablet or laptop, but in walks the “unplugged” bride. This is a bride who asks their guests to leave the cellphones at home and be in the moment on their special day. “
“I am SO happy to see this on the list of 2014 wedding trends!!”
6. Super Charged: The opposite of the “unplugged” bride is the “super charged” bride who wants their guests to use their phone to capture videos and photos. They sometimes ask their guests to post these photos on social media under a certain hashtag. Some brides will even provide chargers in some cases for guests to keep up with the action (gasp!!). Are you kidding me?
“Smart phones have become quite a distraction and impolite gesture at social gatherings. Looking down at your phone can come off wrong to an onlooker…especially if the onlooker is the bride or groom. It comes off as though you’re “bored” or uninterested. Phones have no place at the ceremony either. Newlyweds do not want to look at their professional photographs and see a bunch of phones hanging over the aisle to capture the procession. As a wedding guest, you should be in the moment of the celebration, taking everything in around you that took so many months to plan. This is one trend on the list that I hope fades away immediately.”
7. Trash the Dress Backlash: What started as an artistic approach to the traditional bridal portrait, “Trash The Dress” sessions are no longer in high demand. In fact, it’s the traditional portraits that are making their comeback.
8. The 90’s are IN: Back is the era of break dancers and crop top dresses (my fave!). Add a little vinyl and glow sticks for the dance floor and we’re ready for a 90’s dance party! Customized glow in the dark slap bracelets anyone?? Yes, PLEASE!
9. Bright + Bold: This year is all about adding bright pops of color to your color scheme. I love pairing neutral pallets with a bright splash of color, especially if it comes through in patterns! Pull bright pops of color into your flowers, favors, stationery and dinner napkins.
10. The After Party: Nobody ever wants a good party to end, so comes the after party. During the reception it’s better to get traditional steps out of the way, such as cutting the cake, tossing the bouquet and parent dances so that the older guests are able to leave at a reasonable time and the younger crowd can party on!
These different trends were derived from the ever changing Hollywood fashion, sets, movies and music. Be sure to follow Embellished Events on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up with the latest trends and get inspirited with fresh new ideas!
Best Wishes and Happy Planning! xoxo Jen Embellished Events Luxury Wedding Design and Planning :: Serving Hilton Head, Savannah and Beaufort Phone: (843) 757-7762 Email: Hello@EmbellishedWeddings.com