5 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping With The Bride
For most brides, wedding dress shopping is one of the most important and most emotional decisions a bride can make. For this reason, a bride typically selects those closest to her to accompany her while shopping. However, Brides.com warns, “you don’t want too many cooks in the kitchen—the more opinions in the room, the more opinions you’ll get.” Here are 5 tips to keep in mind as an invitee of the bride-to-be while she finds the dress of her dreams.
- Choose something that fits her personality, not yours – Guests that are invited to go dress shopping are just as excited as the bride-to-be. But you must keep in mind her style, her personality, and her vision. If the bride-to-be is a southern belle and you are an edgy city gal, consider selecting something for her that has lace versus a more structured, modern style. Remember, it is her dress, not yours!
- She’s looking to you for support – She chose you for a reason. She values your support and opinion, but be careful not to be too opinionated. Your facial expressions and choice of words can either be her deciding factor or a dream crusher. Support her in the dresses she likes, even if you don’t particularly care for the style.
- Bring along something old, borrowed, or blue– According to the 2012 American Wedding Study, 86% of brides wear something old, new, borrowed, and blue. As most brides think of their wedding dress as their “new”, consider bringing along something old, borrowed or blue to the dress appointment as a surprise. Not only will it help the bride envision the entire package, the sentimental value alone is priceless.
- If the dress is slightly over her budget, consider chipping in – Most brides go shopping with a specific budget in mind. However, a dress might strike her fancy that is above her budget. If you’re a bridesmaid, friend, or family member along for the appointment, discuss with the others about chipping in toward her wedding dress instead of buying a wedding gift. Most brides won’t expect this, and it would make for a wonderful, emotional gesture.
- If she has tears in her eyes, she’s in love – Wedding dress shopping is always emotional. But when the real tears come streaming down the bride-to-be’s face, you know that she has found “the dress” and that she has never felt more of a bride than in that instant. So, when you see those tears of joy, be sure to embrace her in that special moment.
Luxury Wedding Design and Planning :: Serving Hilton Head, Savannah and Beaufort
Phone: (843) 757-7762